zom-in logo internship entrepreneurs

Log IN / Sign UP

Jargeous

E Commerce

Cover Story

About

Years ago, Andrian quitted his job as an accountant and started running his design studio with other partners.

As a business enthusiast, Andrian and his wife are constantly looking for new business opportunities. In 2014, they planned to sell their self-labeled leggings and use glass jars for the packaging. It was then they found out that it is difficult to find jars locally, even if you found, the available variation is limited.

At the same time, they also noticed there were many demands for glass jars. “With the growing demand for eco-friendly packaging in recent years, packaging made of glass and metals is becoming the standard for many businesses,” shared Andrian. Thus, they decided to sell glass jars instead of leggings. This is how they started Jargeous in 2016.

Now, Jargeous is the first and only glass jars wholesaler and retailer selling online in Malaysia. They source jars locally and from overseas such as China, the USA, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently, they are offering over 400 types of jars and bottles. Some of those include Glass Jars, Octagon Jars, Pudding Jars, Mason Jars, Ball Jars, Candle Jars, and more.

With e-commerce taking over the market from traditional brick and mortar, the timing of the business could not have been more perfect for Andrian and Angeline. Currently, businesses make up 70% of their customers, and the remaining 30% are end-users. They have separate prices to cater to B2B and B2C customers.

In terms of B2B, Jargeous supplies its products to hotels, cafes, bars, grocery stores, and event coordinators. Businesses selling food goods or bulk goods make up their targeted demographic. Hence, holiday seasons like Hari Raya or Christmas are some of their busiest times, which is expected seeing how many jars people need to fill their homemade cookies with.

Dealing with fragile products is not easy, especially with suppliers from overseas. Moreover, glass is a very heavy material, especially in bulk.

“Due to the delicate and fragile nature of our products, we need to be extremely cautious and aware of how we pack the products for shipping,” Andrian shared.

Since their jars come in various shapes and sizes, they have to use different methods to measure and pack each type of jar differently. They’ve also partnered with a courier company that handles local shipping and other logistical companies for international shipping to find the most affordable rates for their customers.

Local customers can also save up from the other options they’ve opened up like shopping or picking up from their store or even collecting from their designated pickup locations.

Jargeous has joined ZOM-IN.com to collaborate in efforts to empower aspiring youths. Join us now at www.zom-in.com to participate in exciting events coming soon!

Achievement

No achivement yet